Powerful, low-level access.
Using the venerable DOS operating system provides PC-Doctor for DOS with several distinct advantages. The diagnostics and system information tools have direct access to hardware devices not available in Windows. The operating system and diagnostics have such a small footprint that they both fit on a single diskette.
Powerful scripting capabilities make PC-Doctor for DOS a popular choice for high-volume PC manufacturing and service organizations. PC-Doctor's Diagnostic API (DAPI) makes it easy to add new third-party test modules to increase test coverage.
View the complete list of tests available in DOS.
PC-Doctor for DOS can test PCs via a bootable diskette, CD, or thumb drive (flash disk) when a system cannot boot to the installed operating system, even without a hard drive or other storage device. These products are used by service technicians, service and repair centers, PC and PC-type manufacturers, and end users. It includes an intuitive interface and can also be operated from a command line.
PC-Doctor Service Center includes a version of PC-Doctor for DOS.
- Detailed system information displayed in an easy-to-read format
- More than 350 test functions available through PC-Doctor's unique Modular Core Technology (MCT™)
- Current testing and system information libraries are constantly updated and upgraded by PC-Doctor as PC technology advances
- Graphical and command line interfaces
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Easy integration of existing diagnostic tests
- Reduces Out Of Box Failure (OOBF) rates when used in manufacturing
- Reduces No Trouble Found (NTF) rates when used for support
- Provides diagnostics for systems that cannot boot to the installed operating system
- Ensures that each PC is built exactly as it was ordered using the snapshot/inventory test
- Performs burn-in testing and quality audits
- Deflects call center support calls and increases customer satisfaction—Do-it-yourself (DIY) users get more satisfaction when they find problems without calling technical support
- Reduces call center support time—support technicians quickly distinguish between hardware problems and software problems
- Increases support first-call resolution rates
- Differentiates your products from your competition by providing world-class diagnostics
- Easy deployment
- Increases customer satisfaction and brand value
For alternative diagnostic software for testing unbootable systems, you should explore BootPath Diagnostics.